Honouring exceptional people and their remarkable achievements
The Spirit of Hong Kong Awards recognises the achievements of exceptional people. By supporting the community through their selfless actions, they make a huge contribution to our society as a whole. This is why we are proud to call them the Spirit of Hong Kong.
The 5th Spirit of Hong Kong Awards winners are:
- Corporate Citizen Award – Theatre in the Dark
- Innovating for Good Award – Emily Tang
- Overcoming Personal Challenge Award – David Cheung Wai-sun
- Community Contribution Award – Elli Fu Nga-nei
- Compassion Ambassador Award – Chin Pui-chun
- Cultural Preservation Award – Professor Robert S. Bauer
- Lion Rock Entrepreneur Award – Light of Raphael
- People's Choice Award (by public voting) – Father John David Wotherspoon
At the 5th Spirit of Hong Kong Awards presentation ceremony are (front row left to right) Comma Chan Hin-wang (on behalf of Theatre in the Dark); Emily Tang; David Cheung Wai-sun; Elli Fu Nga-nei; Hong Kong Chief Executive the Hon. Mrs Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor; Chin Pui-chun; Professor Robert S. Bauer; Douglas Shum Hong-yuen (on behalf of Light of Raphael); and Father John David Wotherspoon.
(back row left to right) SCMP CEO Gary Liu; Director of Kerry Holdings Limited Dr. David Pang; Chair of the Competition Commission Anna Wu Hung-yuk; Sino Group Executive Director Dr. Daryl Ng; Sino Group’s Group General Manager Ms Nikki Ng Mien-hua; Former Secretary for Home Affairs Ms Shelley Lee Lai-kuen; SCMP Editor-in-Chief Ms Tammy Tam Wai-yee; and Former Chief Officer of Kowloon-Canton Railway Corporation Mr James Blake.